DORA - Diagnostic Online Reading Assessment (K-12)
- Product Brochure (PDF)
- Sample Summary Report (PDF)
- School Testimonial (Video)
- Common Core State Standards Aligned
- System Requirements
DORA is a comprehensive, valid, and reliable web-based assessment that diagnostically assesses students' reading abilities. Like having a reading specialist in every classroom, DORA adapts to students as they respond to each question in the online program, getting harder or easier as needed to complete the diagnosis. DORA's interactive style makes testing fun, engages students, and allows teachers to test an entire class simultaneously, in a classroom lab setting.
- Measures eight sub-skills of reading
- K-12 content adapts to each learner's ability in real-time
- Interactive technology features a mix of audio, text, and multimedia images to engage all students
The eight sub-skills of reading assessed by DORA are: high-frequency words, word recognition, phonics, phonemic awareness, oral vocabulary, spelling, reading comprehension, and fluency. By examining multiple reading measures together, DORA reveals a student's unique reading profile, allowing teachers to tailor instruction to individual student needs.
Fast, Powerful Results
DORA's web-based platform allows for easy deployment of assessments, providing teachers with the knowledge to dramatically increase individual reading skills, while saving teachers time and paperwork. DORA is ideal for automating the diagnostic assessment process, which is often paper-based and labor-intensive. Individual student and classroom reports are instantly available for teachers to download, view, or print.
These reports may be used to:
- Guide classroom instruction via small groups
- Easily share students' reading profiles with parents and prescribe activities for home instruction
- Deliver accurate measures of student and class progress and standards achievement to schools and districts