DORA Spanish - For Parents
DORA Spanish (Diagnostic Online Reading Assessment - Spanish)
EDELL (Evaluación Diagnostica Español de Lectura en Línea)
DORA Spanish/EDELL is a powerful, diagnostic online assessment of student Spanish reading abilities. DORA Spanish/EDELL provides an effective means of comparing students’ first language Spanish abilities with their developing second language English reading skills, and allows parents and teachers to best utilize those Spanish reading skills to further develop English reading skills. Like the original DORA, DORA Spanish/EDELL will assess students across seven reading subskills, using the Let’s Go Learn OAASIS platform to adapt to student performance throughout the assessment.
- Measures seven subskills of Spanish reading ability
- K-12 content adapts to each learner’s ability in real-time
- Interactive technology features a mix of audio, text, and multimedia images to engage all students
- Instant diagnostic and prescriptive individual student reporting
- Instant classroom profiling into instructional groups
The seven subskills of reading assessed by DORA Spanish/EDELL are: high-frequency words, word recognition, phonics, phonemic awareness, oral vocabulary, spelling, and reading comprehension. By examining multiple reading measures together, DORA Spanish/EDELL reveals each student’s unique reading profile.
Fast, Powerful Results
The web-based platform of DORA Spanish/EDELL allows for easy use, leading to dramatic reading score improvement, and time and cost savings. Individual student reports are instantly available for parents to download, view, or print.