On-site Training to Transform and Enrich Your Literacy and Mathematics Programs
Founded by teachers and education specialists, Let’s Go Learn is dedicated to the professional development and career enhancement of our colleagues. Our professional development efforts provide a way for teachers and administrators to gather information from current research and best practices in both reading and math. Call us at 888-618-7323 for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading Courses from Dr. Richard McCallum of U.C. Berkeley
Let’s Go Learn’s Professional Development Reading Series was designed by Dr. Richard McCallum, director of the Advanced Reading and Language Leadership Program at the Graduate School of Education at the University of California at Berkeley. Dr. McCallum is a distinguished leader in the field of reading. He founded CAL Reads, a program that seeks to provide individualized literacy assessment and instruction for low-achieving students by recruiting and training undergraduate volunteers and work study students as tutors. Dr. McCallum is also a co-founder of Let’s Go Learn, a company that has developed innovative online assessment and instruction tools for reading professionals as well as parents.
Core Components of the Professional Development Reading Series
- Reading Assessment Overview: This overview focuses on training teachers to identify and characterize the individual needs of their students. By studying state learning standards, standardized tests, and other literacy assessments, participants will examine how assessment affects their perception of students and their classroom practices.
- Reading Methodologies: This section examines the relationship between assessment principles and literacy instruction. Teachers will learn how to address the individual literacy profiles of their students through instructional strategies. Participants will make connections between the standards-based content that they teach and strategies that can accelerate the literacy development of their students.
- Classroom Practice: Participating teachers will choose focal students from their classrooms to form the basis of their training in this course. Teachers will begin with principles of individualized instruction, and discussion will extend ideas from an individualized level to a small-group level and eventually to the full classroom.
- Integrating Reading and Technology: Technology can be a powerful tool in teaching children effective literacy strategies. With the rapidly changing nature of technology, students need to be able to effectively use computers and other forms of technology that they will undoubtedly encounter in the future. In this component, teachers will explore how, together with individualized instruction in reading and writing, the computer and the Internet can be effective tools in literacy instruction. Specifically, teachers will examine the issues involved in integrating technology into their reading instruction and using commercially available software with their diverse population of learners.
Professional Development Courses in Mathematics Let’s Go Learn offers professional development in mathematics, developed by Paul Giganti, Jr., mathematics teacher at the University of California, Berkeley. Mr. Giganti is the author of multiple children’s books about mathematics and director of the California Mathematics Council’s Festival Program. For more information about professional development courses in mathematics assessment and instruction, call 1-888-618-7323 or email the Professional Development team at email@example.com
Flexible Format to Meet Your Needs We will work with each school to customize our professional development course length and format to meet your curricular needs and time requirements. Typically, professional development is scheduled for 1 to 3 six-hour days. Single or combined subjects can be selected. We will adjust our instruction to meet your school or district’s needs and requirements.
School or District Costs Costs are based on the course format and professional development subjects that we are entrusted to instruct. Call us today for an exact quotation. Contact Us Today: Let’s Go Learn, 1-888-618-7323, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can LGL do for you?Administrators | Teachers | Learning Centers | ESL/EDELL | Special Education
Why Choose Let's Go Learn?
- Teacher tested and approved
- Interactive web-based assessment and instruction
- Detailed reporting
- Simple Scalable Deployment
Let's Go Learn has provided assessment and instruction to over 4 million students worldwide!
We have been serving school districts, learning/tutoring centers, charter schools, and private schools since 2000.