- Web browser using Flash for assessment and instruction products
- High Speed Internet Access
- Sound enabled device using headphones or speakers
- Adobe Reader to view reports
- Check your browser for Flash compatibility (Assessment and instruction products)
- Check your browser for PDF compatibility (Reports)
- Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Recommend the most recent version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Flash plugin version 7.0 or higher (Assessment/Instruction use only) Download or update here
- Pop-up blocking software must be disabled or set to allow pop-ups from http://www.letsgolearn.com
- 800 x 600 or higher screen resolution
- Sound should be enabled on the computer and be audible to the user
- Learn how to check your sound settings here
- Adobe Reader is REQUIRED to view PDF assessment reports. Get Adobe Reader Now.
- If you are using OSX Safari, Chrome or Firefox, you will need to change your browsers preferences to use Adobe Reader. Learn more
- IPad/IPhone IOS and Android does not support Flash which our assessment and instruction currently requires. We are in the process of converting our system to support these devices and will keep our customers posted when this is available. If you are unsure of a supported browser, please use our flash test here for compatibiity.
NETWORK/BANDWIDTH REQUIREMENTS (School/District use)
Overview: Internet bandwidth needs are based upon the number of users who are taking assessments concurrently from your site. The initial start-up of assessments uses the most bandwidth. Once students are in the middle of an assessment, bandwidth needs decrease. Network quality must be sufficient to avoid packet loss when multiple computers are assessing students. Generally, modern network equipment (<3 years old) should be adequate.
Check your bandwith at this site (choose the San Francisco Server): http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
Internet connection requirements:
- DSL, Cable, Satellite, or WiFi Broadband internet connection.
- Internet connection speeds of 1.5M/256K or higher are recommended, though this requirement may vary based on your overall network needs.
Local Area Network requirements:
- LAN, including routers, switches, and network cards, should be 100mBit or greater.
- All labs using the assessments must be on switches, not hubs.
- Chaining a switch into a single port of another switch is not advised unless both switches have 100mBit capacity and are running at full duplex.
- Any old or unusual network configurations may cause network collisions and result in packet loss. This will make the assessment seem as if it is freezing, when in reality, packet loss is preventing the data from reaching the computer running the assessment.
Standard Bandwidth Guidelines:
Single Lab Usage (assuming 30 computers) Mbits/sec
- Normal usage 0.36
- Normal-High usage 0.56
- Spike peak usage* 1.16
Multiple Lab Usage (assuming 100 computers) Mbits/sec
- Normal usage 1.28
- Normal-High usage 2
- Spike peak usage* 2.92
* Labs do not have to meet spike usage needs. This spike may happen if all students start an assessment at once. You may experience a pause of 2 to 10 seconds if your network bandwidth isn't large enough; however, this is considered acceptable at start-up.
Final note: Not conforming to the guidelines above doesn't mean the assessment will not run smoothly. Each network configuration is unique and may need to be assessed further if performance is affected. If there is suspicion of weakness in any area, we suggest you run our online flash test to identify any weaknesses before conducting multiple assessments.
Support document 066
Tags: bandwidth, tester, test, download speed, network, lab, specifications 066
bandwidth, tester, test, download speed, network, lab, specifications 066