Special Education Platform
Data-Driven Personalized SDI for K-12 Reading and Math
Supporting Your Challenges
- Find gaps and present levels automatically
- Ensure that annual goals are standards-based
- Develop accurate IEPs with time-savings of 50% or more
- Automate Specially Designed Instruction (SDI) for each student in ELA and Math
- Use real-time one-click progress monitoring and prebuilt formative assessments
- Support remote, virtual, hybrid, and in-class teaching
Step 1: Diagnose each student’s learning gaps and present levels (PLAAFP)
Step 2: Develop individual education programs (IEPs) using our narratives and standards-based data
Step 3: Address learning gaps with automated data-driven specially designed instruction (SDI)
Step 4: Queue up pre-built formative assessments that are vertically scaled
Step 5: Instant progress monitoring. No data collection required by teachers!
Why Next-Gen LGL? Let our customers explain!
“Students at the Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast love Let’s Go Learn lessons. They have music and animation and are like games! The more they play, the more they learn!”
“Let’s Go Learn is a lifesaver. They have assessments that diagnose gaps and automatically place students at the best instructional level. Plus there are built-in formative assessments and progress monitoring that allow me to focus on what each student needs.”
Step 1: Diagnostic Assessments in Reading and Math
Our online assessments identify each student’s present level of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAPF) and thus find their zone of proximal development. Because assessments are adaptive, students spend less time on problems that are too easy or difficult. The result: a sharp decrease in testing time and student anxiety.
Math assessments are aligned to state standards. For elementary students, they include numbers and operations, measurement, geometry, data analysis, and algebraic thinking. For middle and high school students, assessments include Algebra I.
Reading assessments are aligned to state standards and include phonics, word recognition, high-frequency words, spelling, oral vocabulary, and reading comprehension. Phonemic awareness and fluency are also available.
Step 2: IEP-Ready Reporting
Our assessment reporting is organized to support Individual Education Program (IEP) requirements: goals, benchmarks, and PLAAFP/present level equivalencies for all subskills. With our next-generation tools, teachers can focus on creating the optimal individualized plan rather than on statistical analysis.
Our teachers report a 50% time savings and more accurate evaluation criteria.
Step 3: Customized Math and Reading Courses
Our system uses diagnostic data with Artificial Intelligence (AI) to assign instruction designed to address each student’s learning gaps. Online specially designed instructional (SDI) courses are automatically created. Teachers can also assign lessons as needed.
- Correlate to all state standards
- Integrate critical thinking strategies with skills development
- Include direct instruction and practice
- Provide feedback for incorrect responses
- Use assistive technology by combining music, voice intonation, animation, and game-like interactivity
Step 4: Built-In Formative Assessments that Auto-Adjust Instruction
With a few clicks, teachers can assign our built-in formative assessments to individual students at regular intervals. Not only do these ensure that students have mastered learning objectives, but they ensure FAPE compliance. Our next-gen system then takes the student assessment data and automatically updates the student learning path!
LESSON QUIZZES: At daily or weekly intervals, teachers queue up quizzes on skills or concepts learned in the classroom or online. The system then assesses mastery and reports on, compares, and stores the data.
UNIT ASSESSMENTS: At weekly, monthly, or quarterly intervals, teachers queue up assessments for targeted units. The system analyzes and reports the data. Then it updates the student’s learning path.
Step 5: One-Click Progress Monitoring
Our next-gen assessment & instruction system captures student progress in real-time.
- Captures and saves all student data in a vertically scaled dataset
- Presents data in meaningful progress reports
- Supports continuous progress monitoring, benchmark and goal attainment, and parent communicatio
- Fulfills quarterly and annual data compliance requirements
And to Make It All Work: Customized Professional Development
Our goal is to inform, engage, and inspire administrators and educators.
Our courses are customized to your special education goals. Topics may include:
- Leadership best practices
- Legal compliance
- Program management
- Navigating the pandemic
- Family communication
- Social-emotional learning
- Research-based programs, assessments, and tools
- STEM and special education
Take a few minutes to listen to Bertie Brown, Director of IEP in Houston ISD, talk about LGL’s Professional Development.
“The session empowered teachers and took a deep dive into the IEP process and the pressing need to offer support to all students.”