Special Education Platform
Data-Driven Personalized SDI for K-12 Reading and Math
Supporting Your School or District Initiatives
- Find gaps and present levels automatically for grade K-12 students
- Ensure that annual goals are standards-based
- Develop accurate IEPs with time-savings of 50% or more
- Automate supplemental Specially Designed Instruction (SDI) for each student in ELA and Math
- Use real-time one-click progress monitoring and prebuilt formative assessments
- Support special education teachers with remote and in-class tools
Empowering Teachers and Streamlining the Process
Step 1: Diagnose each student’s learning gaps and present levels (PLAAFP)
Step 2: Develop individualized education programs (IEPs) using our narratives and standards-based data
Step 3: Address learning gaps with automated data-driven specially designed instruction (SDI)
Step 4: Queue up pre-built formative assessments that are vertically scaled into the original diagnostic assessment ELA and Math dataset
Step 5: Instant progress monitoring in grade-level scores. No data collection required by teachers! Easy to understand!
Why Next-Gen LGL? Let our customers explain!
“Students at the Boys & Girls Club of the Suncoast love Let’s Go Learn lessons. They have music and animation and are like games! The more they play, the more they learn!”
“Let’s Go Learn is a lifesaver. They have assessments that diagnose gaps and automatically place students at the best instructional level. Plus there are built-in formative assessments and progress monitoring that allow me to focus on what each student needs.”
Step 1: Diagnostic Assessments in Reading and Math
Our online assessments identify each student’s present level of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAPF) and thus find their zone of proximal development. Because assessments are adaptive, students spend less time on problems that are too easy or difficult. The result: a sharp decrease in testing time and student anxiety.
Math assessments are aligned to state educational standards. For elementary students, they include numbers and operations, measurement, geometry, data analysis, and algebraic thinking. For middle and high school students, assessments include Algebra I.
Reading assessments are aligned to state educational standards and include phonics, word recognition, high-frequency words, spelling, oral vocabulary, and reading comprehension. Phonemic awareness and fluency are also available.
Step 2: IEP-Ready Reporting
Our assessment reporting is organized to support Individualized Education Program (IEP) requirements: goals, benchmarks, and PLAAFP/present level equivalencies for all subskills. With our next-generation tools, teachers can focus on creating the optimal individualized plan rather than on statistical analysis.
“Our teachers report a 50% time savings in writing their individualized education programs and more accurate evaluation criteria.”
Step 3: Customized Math and Reading Courses
Our system uses diagnostic data with Artificial Intelligence (AI) to assign instruction designed to address each student’s learning gaps. Online specially designed instructional (SDI) courses are automatically created. Teachers can also assign lessons as needed.
- Correlate to all state standards
- Integrate critical thinking strategies with skills development
- Include direct instruction and practice
- Provide feedback for incorrect responses
- Use assistive technology by combining music, voice intonation, animation, and game-like interactivity
Step 4: Built-In Formative Assessments that Auto-Adjust Instruction
With a few clicks, teachers can assign our built-in formative tests and assessments to individual students at regular intervals. Not only do these ensure that students have mastered learning objectives, but they ensure FAPE compliance. Our next-gen system then takes the student assessment data and automatically updates the student learning path!
LESSON QUIZZES: At daily or weekly intervals, teachers queue up quizzes on skills or concepts learned in the classroom or online. The system then assesses mastery and reports on, compares, and stores the data.
UNIT ASSESSMENTS: At weekly, monthly, or quarterly intervals, teachers queue up assessments for targeted units. The system analyzes and reports the data. Then it updates the student’s learning path.
Step 5: One-Click Progress Monitoring
Our next-gen assessment & instruction system captures student progress in real-time.
- Captures and stores all student test data into a single ELA and Math vertically scaled dataset
- Presents data in meaningful progress reports
- Supports continuous progress monitoring, benchmark and goal attainment, and parent communication
- Provides special education services with quarterly and annual compliance testing data
- Turnkeys data collection for special education teachers at school districts public or private
And to Make It All Work: Customized Professional Development
Our goal is to inform, engage, and inspire administrators and educators.
Our courses are customized to your special education goals. Topics may include:
- Leadership best practices
- Legal compliance
- Program management
- Navigating the pandemic
- Family communication
- Social-emotional learning
- Research-based programs, assessments, and tools
- STEM and special education
Take a few minutes to listen to Bertie Brown, Director of IEP in Houston ISD, talk about LGL’s Professional Development.
“The session empowered teachers and took a deep dive into the IEP process and the pressing need to offer support to all students.”