DORA - Diagnostic Online Reading Assessment (K-12)
DORA is a comprehensive, valid, and reliable web-based assessment that diagnostically assesses your child’s reading abilities. Functioning like a personal reading specialist, it adapts to your child as they respond to each question in the online program, getting harder or easier as needed to complete the diagnosis. DORA’s interactive style makes testing fun, engages students, and enables testing from any location, including your own home.
- Measures eight sub-skills of reading
- K-12 content adapts to each learner’s ability in real-time
- Interactive technology features a mix of audio, text, and multimedia images to engage all students
The eight sub-skills of reading assessed by DORA are: high-frequency words, word recognition, phonics, phonemic awareness, oral vocabulary, spelling, reading comprehension, and fluency. By examining multiple reading measures together, DORA reveals your child’s unique reading profile.
Fast, Powerful Results
DORA’s web-based platform allows for practical at-home assessment, and provides parents with meaningful diagnostic data about their child’s reading abilities. Individual student reports are instantly available for parents to download, view, or print. Accompanying instructional suggestions help parents develop meaningful activities that will support their child’s learning.
These reports may be used to:
- Guide at-home reading activities
- Easily share students’ reading profiles with teachers to coordinate home-school efforts